Items That Cause Lake County Toilet Bowl Chokes and How to Prevent Them
Clogged plumbing from a clogged toilet is an inconvenience in many ways. Not only will you have to deal with a potentially unsanitary condition, you may have to hire the services of a Lake County plumber to unclog the toilet too. The problem is compounded by the fact that new toilets use less water when being flushed and therefore, the possibility of toilet bowl chokes is rather common. However, with a little bit of thought, one can easily avoid clogging the toilet and plumbing.
The Dos and Don’ts to Avoid Toilet Bowl Chokes
- While toilet paper is used by most people, there are a few things that one can do to avoid them contributing to a possible clogged toilet
- Never throw paper towels down the toilet. Toilet paper is fine, but not paper towels. Paper towels will not dissolve when flushed and will likely clog your plumbing.
- Use small amounts of toilet paper and flush them in small amounts too.
- We have all probably faced the all too common accident of the toilet soap falling into the toilet bowl only to get stuck in the plumbing. It is best to fish it out with a pointed stick which can be skewered into the soap. This is especially true if the bar of soap is slightly large.
- Children should be kept out the toilet for watching things go swirling down the toilet bowl and into the plumbing seems to be one of their favorite pastime! It is best to keep the bathroom door locked and get the children to learn that the toilet is not a place for them to put their toys into. In the unfortunate event that a toy of theirs does find their way into the toilet’s plumbing, a plumber will have to be called for it may not be easily retrievable.
- It is best not to flush things, like sanitary towels, hair, disposable diapers, dental floss and even cotton swabs, down the toilet plumbing. Do not even use the toilet bowl to flush down expired or unused drugs.
A Few Things to Consider
It is wise to learn a little bit or basic plumbing so you can use a plunger to clear up minor toilet clogs in a DIY operation! To avoid getting into a situation of dealing with a choked toilet bowl, keep a foot operated dustbin in the bathroom, so disposal of all those no-no items becomes easy and hygienic.
Keep the toilet lid closed. This makes sense to avoid things, like soap bars or other bathroom objects from falling in. It is not unheard of to have cell phones and makeup items slipping out of one’s hands in the bathroom and heading straight into the toilet bowl. If you continue to flush any of the objects described down the toilet, it is not uncommon to require Lake County plumbing repairs.
If you need to hire a professional for plumbing repairs in Lake County, call Rocket Rooter Plumbing, LLC, today at 352-800-8426, or fill out our online request form.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7018992